Hiring A Dental Hygienist
Dental hygienists are an important part of any dental practice. They help keep patients' teeth healthy and clean while also providing valuable educational information about oral hygiene.
If you’re looking to hire a dental hygienist, Arthur Marshall can help find the right match for your dental clinic. With our vast industry network, we can help you fill a variety of open positions.
If you’re a dental hygienist looking for a job, please take a look at our current opportunities.
Why Are Dental Hygienists Important?
Dental hygiene is one of the most important aspects of oral care. After all, once patients reach the age of 35, they’re more likely to lose teeth due to gum disease than cavities. Dental hygienists remove plaque, tartar, and stains from teeth, and they also provide preventative care and education to patients.
This makes dental hygienists important members of the dental team. Their primary responsibility is to prevent and control dental plaque and calculus on the teeth. That said, depending on the practice and the patient, dental hygienists may also:
- Provide preventive services such as fluoride treatments and sealants.
- Provide educational materials and presentations to patients on oral hygiene topics such as tooth brushing and flossing techniques.
- Examine patients for signs of oral disease and refer them to the dentist when necessary.
Hygienists must have completed an accredited dental hygiene program and passed a written examination administered by the state dental board.
Most states also require dental hygienists to complete continuing education courses on a regular basis in order to maintain their license. This ensures that they’re up-to-date on the latest innovations in the field.
Dental hygienists are usually employed by dental offices, but some may work in other settings such as public health clinics, schools, nursing homes, or research laboratories.
Hygienists usually work part time, although some may work full time. They often have flexible hours, and many choose to work evenings or weekends so they can balance their work with other commitments.
What You Need To Consider When Hiring A Dental Hygienist
Dental hygienists are an important part of any dental team. They play a vital role in providing preventive dental care and educating patients about oral hygiene. When hiring a dental hygienist, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Make sure that the hygienist is licensed and registered with the state dental board. In most states, this is a requirement for practicing as a dental hygienist. You can usually find this information on the dental board's website.
- Consider the hygienist's experience. Look for someone who has been working in the field for several years and has experience with a variety of patients. Specialized training in periodontics or other areas of dentistry may also be a good fit for your practice.
- Choose a dental hygienist who is a good fit for your team. Look for someone who is friendly and personable and who shares your commitment to providing quality care to your patients. With a little time and effort, you should be able to find the right candidate for your practice.
How Arthur Marshall Can Help You Find The Perfect Candidate
With the increasing emphasis on preventive care, the demand for qualified dental hygienists is expected to continue to grow.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the growth rate for hygienists is much faster than the average for all occupations. It’s a great field to get into, but it can be hard for employers to stand out amongst all the competition!
Given the range of tasks they’re expected to perform, as well as their level of training and how in-demand they are, it can be hard to find top-quality candidates.
That’s why we’re proud to say that Arthur Marshall Dental Recruiters has placed hundreds of dental hygienists in top practices across the country.
We take the time to understand your specific needs and target only the most qualified candidates who will be the perfect fit for your practice. Contact us today to learn more about our dental hygienist hiring services.
Hiring A Dental Hygienist?
Dental hygienists are in high demand, and Arthur Marshall Medical Staffing Recruiter is here to help you hire the best candidate for your needs. We have a wide network of talented professionals, and our team of experts will work with you to find the perfect match for your dental office.
In addition to finding the right candidate, we also offer a comprehensive onboarding program that will ensure a smooth transition for both the new hire and your existing staff. Contact us today to learn more about our dental hygienist recruitment services.